By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Define temperature and state the units in which it is measured.
- Define heat and state its units.
- Define specific heat and describe it depending on certain materials.
- Define endothermic and exothermic in terms of the direction of energy.
- Label each section of a reaction pathway and determine if it is endothermic or exothermic (based on enthalpy).
- Perform specific heat calculations.
- Solve problems using heat of fusion and heat of vaporization formulas.