By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between equilibrium and changes of state.
- Label and interpret phase diagrams.
- Label each section of a heating curve and describe it based on potential and kinetic energy changes.
- Use LeChatelier’s Principle to determine how a reaction will shift and what effect it has on the reactants and products.
- Perform specific heat calculations using q=mCΔT .
- Solve problems using heat of fusion and heat of vaporization formulas.