By the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Explain the energy content of a chemical reaction.
- Analyze the evidence of chemical change.
- Analyze the law of conservation of matter and how it applies to various types of chemical equations (synthesis, decomposition, single replacement, double replacement, and combustion).
- Analyze the stoichiometric relationships inherent in a chemical reaction.
- Analyze quantitatively the composition of a substance (empirical formula, molecular formula, percent composition, and hydrates).
Crash Course on Stoichiometry