Standards addressed in this unit include:
7.L.2.1 Explain why offspring that result from sexual reproduction (fertilization and meiosis) have greater variation than offspring that result from asexual reproduction (budding and mitosis).
7.L.2.2 Infer patterns of heredity using information from Punnett squares and pedigree analysis.
7.L.2.3 Explain the impact of the environment and lifestyle choices on biological inheritance (to include common genetic diseases) and survival.
- Interested in pet dogs? Wonder how breeders select certain traits? Go to this website to breed border collies. Dog Breeding
- Mitosis and Meiosis website. Step by step and side by side comparison of these two cell division methods.
- Want an one stop location for anything you could wonder about genetics? Try this website
- Study jam on Heredity
- What are traits?
- What is inheritance?
- Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction website for research
- Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction article for T-Chart analysis
- Link for Genes Chromosomes and DNA notes
- These are the videos we used in class: Dominant vs. Recessive, Genotype vs. Phenotype, Homozygous vs. Heterozygous
- Link for article Dominant Isn’t Always Common
- Having trouble understanding Punnett Squares? Try this interactive website
- Want another look at Punnett Squares? Try this video that explains all of the basics.
- PBS has a nice resource to support understanding Punnett Squares
- For all you hoops fans, here is a game to practice everything punnett squares.
- Find out about the Genetics of Calico Cats