Circulatory System Station
Part #1-Heart and Loop Folder
- Every person gets a copy of the notes page with a heart on front and “Loop Notes” inside.
- Using the page protected sheets,
- Label the parts of the heart on your notes
- Read the “slide” for Blood Loop #1 Heart and Lungs. Complete the notes for Loop #1.
- Read the slide for Loop #2 Heart and Body. Complete the notes for Loop #2.
- Attach this onto page __57____ of your notebook.
Part #2-Blood and Circulation
- Every person gets a copy of the handout with a picture of blood on one side and the article “It Circulates” on the other.
- Read the article “It Circulates”.
- Answer the 4 questions about the article.
- Underline the context evidence you used to answer the question.
- Color “RED BLOOD CELLS” → RED
- Color “WHITE BLOOD CELLS” → WHITE
- Color “BLOOD VESSEL” → BLUE
- Color “PLATELETS” → YELLOW
- Attach this handout to page _58__ of your notebook.
Digestive System Station
- There are 4 CLASS copies of the Digestive System article.
- Answer the questions as you go along.
- Attach this onto page __59____ of your notebook.
Endocrine System Station
- WATCH VIDEO
- As you find out what each gland does, lightly color the name of the gland and the matching description the same color. Which color? The one listed under the gland name in the puzzle.
- Attach this onto page _60_____ of your notebook.
Excretory System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the notes page with the urinary system on front and notes inside.
- Watch the VIDEO
- Read the Reading Passage about the Urinary System. Use the word bank to complete the missing information.
- Attach handout on Urinary System to page __61__ of notebook.
Integumentary System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the Article on the Integumentary System.
- As a group, either select a strong reader to read aloud to group, or take turns reading each section.
- As you are reading, you will see “*”. This is a question you should be able to answer in the section above the “*”.
- At the end of the article, there is a “What you learned” section. Answer these questions.
- Attach this onto page _62_____ of your notebook.
Immune System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the Immunity System: Reading Activity with “clouds” and a copy of the Lines of Defense .
- As a group, read the article explaining the immunity system. Inside each cloud, write a summary of the main idea. Do not rewrite everything. Once done, “Level-Up” to the lines of defense page.
- Use the article to support your answers for Level #1.
- Once completed, check your Level #1 answers on the wall where they are listed.
- Use the article to support your answers for Level #2.
- Once completed, check your Level #2 answers on the wall where they are listed.
- Use the article to support your answers for Level #3.
- Once completed, check your Level #3 answers on the wall where they are listed.
- Now attach your papers to pages _63&64_________ in your notebook.
Respiratory System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the Respiratory System.
- Starting with the side titled “YOUR BODY: LUNGS”, read the short article at the top.
- Use the reading, word bank and diagram to solve the crossword puzzle.
- Use the staple packet to complete the notes on the respiratory system.
- Finish the last section to show what you know.
- Attach this onto page __65____ of your notebook.
Skeletal/Muscular System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the skeletal/muscular system notes.
- This folder has 2 types of page protected sheets.
- Muscles-use this page to complete the types and examples notes on muscles. Use the pictures to determine the function of muscles.
- Axial and Appendicular Skeleton–
- use this page to label the missing bone names on your skeleton.
- Color the axial bones one color and appendicular bones another color. Color the key with the colors you chose.
- Go to http://bit.ly/skejoin1 to learn about joints.
- Complete your notes on Joints.
- Go to http://bit.ly/skebones1 to learn about Bones. You will notice that only 2 were listed for your notes. Please add the other 3 types as well on that side.
- Attach this onto page __66____ of your notebook.
Nervous System Station
- Every person gets a copy of the Nervous System Notes.
- Elect a strong or willing reader to read the article “Why Do Zombies Love Brains” to the group.
- Label the parts of the brain in your notes using the Reference Article.
- Fill in the table with the functions of each part of the brain using both articles as reference.
- Color the brain in your notes to match the one on the Zombie diagram being sure to color the corresponding cells in the function table.
- Watch the Study Jam Video on the Nervous System
- Each group member should take turns taking the Quiz that goes along with it to see if you need to rewatch it.
- Attach this onto page __67_ of your notebook.